1. 14. November 2007, 11:02
    Comment by ST8
    Ive just been trying this out with PHP5 + WP 2.3.1, there is a problem with initialising the class within the same file the class is defined so i have made a small wrapper file that includes the Yabp.class and then inits it.

There also seems to be problems with the activate/deactive plugin hooks too. I had to manually hook the plugin activate function to the init filter to get it to create the database tables. Any bright ideas on how to fix these hooks? Is it a wp problem or a php problem?

I will post updated files soon :)

Once this is done it all seems to work fine! Nice work
    • 15. November 2007, 08:05
      YAPB and PHP 5 is definitly an issue - i've to migrate sooner or later but i didn't use version 5 yet.

The hooks should work unless they changed their functionality in WP 2.3 - I'll check that on a fresh installation.

Any sample or correction code is much appreciated.

Greets from Salzburg!
  2. 15. November 2007, 10:04
    Comment by tery wong
    does this plugin allow you to post photos and categories with the blog entry?
  3. 16. November 2007, 00:17
    Comment by Luciano
    Hello,
    I am new to blogging and I have a maybe stupid question but I havent been able to find out the response.
    I am a professional photographer and I want to create a photography tutorial blog, in one of the categories I want to add plain photographs with little technical information just like a photoblog, I would be updating this section periodically, my question is if should this section or category be a photoblog or a regular blog post with a big picture on it. The problem is I dont see clearly the advantage of the photoblog. Could you please clarify my doubts and give e some advice.
    Thanks a lot,
    Luciano.
    • 18. November 2007, 20:25
      Hi Luciano -

The main benefits of the YAPB Plugin are the easy image upload, the thumbnailing features and the additional management features in your WordPress Admin Interface. Additionally you may display EXIF-Information of posted images.

You MAY do that all without the YAPB Plugin, but that would be a lot more work.

Greets from Salzburg!
  4. 16. November 2007, 15:34
    Comment by christian
    This Plugin is realy nice! Thanks!

gruß christian
  5. 16. November 2007, 16:43
    Comment by christian
    hallo und Grüße. es ist ein Tolles Plugin, habe es auch installiert und funzt auch super, weiter so, ein Link ist natürlich schon vorhanden!

greets Lyus
  6. 17. November 2007, 18:33
    Comment by Leanne

I'm sorry to see your forum was hacked.

I wanted to inform you that your current version, installed on 2.3.1 is producing the following error:

WordPress database error: [Table 'databasename.wp_yapbimage' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_yapbimage WHERE post_id = 3

I will try downgrading to an earlier stable version for my client - just wanted to advise you on the error. I did deactivate/reactivate, when that didn't work I deleted the plugin and reinstalled, the same error resulted - it is not creating the table.

Thank you!
    • 18. November 2007, 20:27
      Hi Leanne -

Many thanks for the info - I released version 1.6.2 fixing that dumb bug created in 1.6.1.

Thanks!
  7. 18. November 2007, 20:24
    Comment by Mar
    I have the same problem in Wordpress 2.3.1

WordPress database error: [Table 'databasename_wrdp1.wp_yapbimage' doesn't exist]
    SELECT id,uri FROM wp_yapbimage ORDER BY id

Sorry for the hacked forum Johannes

And thank you for this plugin!!
    • 19. November 2007, 16:07
      Please download 1.6.2 or above (Depends on when you read this reply ;-)
  8. 19. November 2007, 16:01
    Comment by ST8
    Excellent, cheers for the quick updates :)
  9. 21. November 2007, 19:22
    Comment by Michael Commins
    It's November 21 here in the U.S. and I've downloaded 1.6.3. I am still getting the "fatal error" on activation and the table is not being created in the database. Is it possible to post the MySQL query that would manually create the database? Or else could you point me to the code in the package that contains the query?

I love what you've done here and would really like to use it on my site.
    • 21. November 2007, 20:50
      Sorry it doesn't work for you... And the new WordPress Plugin activation mechanism hides all errors during activation...

Here's the SQL to create the table - replace "wordpress_" with your table prefix:

CREATE TABLE wordpress_yapbimage (
      id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      post_id BIGINT NOT NULL,
      URI VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY (id),
      INDEX idx_01(post_id)
      );

Hope that helps!
      • 6. December 2007, 07:49
        Comment by Cody Bruce
        I'm such a noob. I need help. Please. I tried activating the plugin, and received:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/codybruc/public_html/pictures/wp-content/plugins/Yapb.php on line 46

I read your fix comment, but I have no idea where to put that information. Could you please help? If you could please e-mail me with help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
        • 1. May 2008, 17:21
          Comment by Adam
          I had the same problem when I downloaded the zip file to my server and unzipped it there... for some reason it seems the filenames were converted to all lowercase when they need the capitalization intact. I unzipped the file on my desktop and FTPed the whole directory to the server and it worked.
  10. 21. November 2007, 21:05
    Comment by Michael Commins
    Thank you very much Johannes! At about the same time you posted this, I figured it out and created the table. But to be sure, I deleted it and created a new one using the code you posted. I'm going to post your code as a text file on my blog if you don't mind.

I hope you are able to get some sleep after all this!

Thanks again!
    • 21. November 2007, 21:51
      Comment by Michael Commins
      YAPB is not creating thumbnails, nor does it show the image you think you've uploaded, after manually creating the table in the database.
      • 21. November 2007, 22:03
        I did have a look at your page and the yapb-thumbnailer reported a unsuccessful thumbnail generation. Since no additional message were given i suggest you look the following things:

- Your images were uploaded indeed?
        - Did you set the WordPress Upload dir?
        - How big are the images you uploaded?

According to the YapbDiagnostics file you may upload images up to 2MB in size. Maybe the images were bigger than that? Additionally, your php memory limit is set to 8MB - Maybe you try to upload a smaller image so the thumbnailer can resize it with the given memory limit?

And since i finally managed to reopen the previously hacked forum - Please answer there: http://johannes.jarolim.com/yapb-forum

Greets from Salzburg!
  11. 25. November 2007, 01:43
    Comment by Dr. Micke
    Hallo ! Bin Zahnarzt und Dentalfotograf ;-) hab eingige tausend Fotos von Zahnersatz und schönen Zähnen gemacht und will damit eine innovative Homepage aufbauen.... das Plugin scheint der Hammer...Danke ! Viele Grüße aus der Metropolregion Heidelberg-Mannheim
    • 25. November 2007, 09:43
      Kannst mir ja im Gegenzug mal einen guten Preis machen, wenn ich mal was zahntechnisches brauche ;-)

Freut mich, dass es dir gefällt!
  12. 25. November 2007, 16:52
    Comment by Dr. Micke
    Geht klar, bin auf Implantate und Implantat-Zahnersatz spezialisiert. Wenn Du mal in der Gegend von Mannheim-Heidelberg bist... einfach ne eMail schicken !
    PS. Übrigens gewusst, dass Salzburg und Schwetzingen was gemeinsam haben ? Mozart ! 1763, 1777 und 1790 war Mozart für
    mehrere Monate in Schwetzingen in der Sommerresidenz des Kurfürsten freiberuflich angestellt ;-)
  13. 3. December 2007, 21:47
    Comment by JDS Amateur Photography & Photographer
    Great Plugin!!
  14. 6. December 2007, 08:02
    Comment by Cody Bruce
    I'm retarded. I uploaded it wrong. Once I uploaded it correctly, it worked. Man oh man... Thanks!
  15. 8. December 2007, 07:34
    Comment by Brock
    kool plugin, any plans to take it to a point where users can upload images and admin can approve/post them after being moderated?
  16. 10. December 2007, 02:20
    Comment by Ellen
    Is there a widget in existence that would enable me to use the YAPB RSS feed on another Wordpress blog of mine (to display photos from my YAPB blog, in the sidebar of my other blog)?

Like how the Flickr widget works... but without having to upload my photos to Flickr.

I tried the SmugMug widget, but it didn't work with the YAPB feed.
  17. 11. December 2007, 17:38
    Comment by Ellen
    Is there a widget I can use on my other Wordpress blog that will display thumbnails from my YAPB blog's RSS feeds?
    (So I don't have to use the FlickrRSS widget to display my photos on my other blog?)

I really wish someone would write a widget that would enable us to take full advantage of YAPB feeds...
  18. 12. December 2007, 05:05
    Comment by Eep
    Can I use link from flickr photo to embed to YAPB based blog..? so i can keep my hosting quota keep small.
    thanks
  19. 13. December 2007, 21:48
    Comment by firefox download
    thanks
    very nice project...
    I’m retarded. I uploaded it wrong. Once I uploaded it correctly, it worked. Man oh man… Thanks!
  20. 16. December 2007, 20:30
    Comment by Easy Money From Home
    I already had my Flickr accounts set up so this is a very handy way to make use of the photos. Good work!
  21. 17. December 2007, 11:04
    Comment by Matthias N
    Danke für das vielversprechende Plugin! Ich werde es direkt mal ausprobieren! :)
  22. 20. December 2007, 01:36
    Comment by Hendrik
    Puh, ich wollte "mal eben" auf meiner frischen 2.3.1 DE-Version von Wordpress yapb installieren, bekam aber beim Aktivierung eine Fehlermeldung: Fataler Fehler. Allerdings ohne weitere Beschreibung, die mir einen Hinweis geben könnte. Das Plugin liess sich einfach nicht aktivieren, selbst nachdem ich alle anderen Plugins deaktiviert hatte. Nach einigen erfolglosen Tests bin ich dann auf das Problem gestossen. In der PHP.INI habe ich mit memory_limit = 8M den Speicher ziemlich beschränkt, nachdem ich ihn auf 16MB gestellt hatte, liess sich das Plugin problemlos aktivieren, die Tables wurden korrekt erstellt und es läuft. :)
    • 17. February 2008, 10:39
      Hi Hendrik - Der hohe Grund-Speicherverbrauch von YAPB wurde durch die Logging Engine log4php verursacht, die ich mittlerweile durch eine ganz schmale Eigenlösung ersetzt habe.

YAPB benötigt dennoch einiges an Speicher: Wenn du Bilder via PHP/GDLib resizen willst.
  23. 31. December 2007, 11:56
    Comment by skanery
  24. 5. January 2008, 11:36
    Comment by Chase
    I tried to install YAPB for wordpress 2.3.2 but received the following error:
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php-5.0.5/lib/php') in ../wp-content/plugins/yet-another-photoblog/Yapb.php on line 46

Please help!
    • 17. February 2008, 10:43
      Hi Chase -

Please have a look if you really uploaded all files to your server. If yes, have a look if there is a realpath-restriction in effect (Means you're allowed to use the php command realpath)