1. 14. October 2011, 22:36
    Comment by Andrew
    Hi, I'm facing problems with thumbnail creation. Is it automatic?
    I upload my image but no thumbnail is created yet.

Please help me.

Thanks
  2. 2. November 2011, 18:00
    Comment by philippe
    Hello Johannes,
    There is a problem when IE is used to upload a picture : the post is published, but without the picture. The picture does not show up in the uploads folder.
    It works fine with other browsers.
    You can check that at www.lavieengris.com (you need to register to publish a photo). If needed I can send you the admin login.
    Thanks for your help
    Philippe
    • 7. November 2011, 09:16
      Hi Philippe - Thanks for your feedback: Seems the upload works 'til IE7 - And i'm usually not using Microsoft Browser thus not noticing the error. I'll take a look what i can do about it.
    • 7. November 2011, 09:30
      fixed in version 1.10.1
      • 10. November 2011, 13:01
        Comment by philippe
        Great ! Thank you.
  3. 6. December 2011, 01:53
    Comment by Jean
    Hi! there is a problem- I installed and activated the plugin but I can find the option-page where I need to configure the plugin,any suggestions?
    • 22. January 2012, 00:23
      Comment by David
      Same issue. Where is the YAPB Options Page. I've looked in every WP menu as well as everything on the widget page. Have googled for days, no luck. I know it's me and it's probably obvious but I just don't see it. Please help.
      Thanks,
      D
      • 22. January 2012, 10:23
        uHi David -

The Options Page may be found (as for most plugin option pages) under Settings in the WP-admin menu.

br from Salzburg,

- johannes
        • 19. June 2012, 03:03
          Comment by Cathy
          same problem...can't find options for this plugin under settings. It is NOT there. Can you please offer any help? Is it named YAPB or something else? I am quite familiar with all my plugins and doubt I am overlooking it. thanks
  4. 15. December 2011, 21:45
    Comment by Rosemary Senjem
    Under screen shots on this page, all I see is a short code for nextgen gallery.
  5. 7. January 2012, 18:37
    Comment by Greg McClean
    Hi,

Please help ....

Have just downloaded and clicked active on the Yet Another Photo Blog plug in, my website has stopped working with the following message, will not load or allow me to access anything:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_userdata() in /homepages/37/d395752492/htdocs/Wordpressinstall/wordpress-3.3/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/user-access-manager/class/UserAccessManager.class.php on line 1881

Many many thanks
    • 8. January 2012, 23:19
      According to the error message, you have a problem with the plugin user-access-manager - Please try to rename the plugin dir and this message should disappear.
      • 10. January 2012, 01:26
        Comment by Jan

first of all let me thank you for your great work in YAPB development. I'm using your plugin for a while (just now on WP 3.3) and yesterday decided to activate User Access Manager plugin to protect some portion of my site against public access.

However I received the same error message as Greg mentioned. When I googled around, I found couple of reports where people mentioned incorrect compatibility between YAPB and UAM plugins.

I'm not an expert on plugins development and therefore I would like to ask you if you could advice what's going wrong that these two plugins don't work together. Some forums say that the problem is in YAPB, some that UAM should be blamed.

Could you give us your opinion what could be wrong and if there is any workaround to make them both working together?

Many thanks for your answer and great work,
        Jan
        • 10. January 2012, 13:58
          That's a timing problem of Alex, the plugin creator of User Access Manager (UAM).

I released a Bug Workaround with version 1.10.6 - and contacted Alex with a concrete hint how to fix the problem.

Hopefully Alex will release a fixed version soon since i assume that there may be alot of other plugins having the same problem with UAM.

Have fun with the new release and br from Salzburg!
          • 10. January 2012, 16:00
            Comment by Jan

thanks a lot for your support and amazing turnaround in releasing of new version of your plugin. I will definitely give it a try. I also noticed you released a comment on Alex's blog with request for a fix.

Many thanks, Johannes!

Take care and good luck,
            Jan
    • 10. January 2012, 14:00
      Hi Greg - Please update to YAPB 1.10.6 so you have a working photoblog until Alex releases a fixed version of User Access Manager.
  6. 12. January 2012, 12:48
    Comment by Ulf I
    Hi!
    Nice work of yours. I´m a beginner to the world of WP. How do I find the`configuration menu´? Is it compatible with WP 3.3.1
    I appreciate if someone got time..
    Thanks
  7. 13. January 2012, 12:49
    Comment by Bjoern
    Dear Johannes,

I have just installed your plugin and it all works "fine" so far. The only thing (quite a deal buster) is that the thumbnails are not generated. The images is rel to lightbox correctly, but the thumb is not showing on the blog page. Any idea how to fix this ?
    • 13. January 2012, 16:58
      Hi Bjørn -

If you present an url i could have a small look. a common problem is:

# image to big for php internal gdlib (have a look at imagemagick and YAPB thumbnailer options).

have a look at the image url - if it's a path to the YapbThumbnailer.php with parameters, call this url directly and have a look at the error messages (if any)

br from Salzburg!
  8. 13. January 2012, 18:41
    Comment by Bjoern
    here you go: www.lauen.eu
    Check the Blog Menu , i leave a post there for you "At the Top".

Danke Dir.
    Hab mal ein paar Jahre in Tirol gewohnt :-)
  9. 13. January 2012, 19:17
    Comment by Bjoern
    Ok. I guess i am getting there. The permission for the yapb_cache changed while uploading. Made a new directory and assigned 777. Now the thumb is generated, but I can not open the image in lightbox.
  10. 12. February 2012, 07:12
    Comment by Daviz
    I got a warning once install.

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/davizpoh/public_html/store/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-photoblog/lib/options/YapbExifTagnamesOption.class.php on line 70

any solution ?
    • 24. February 2012, 08:46
      Hi Daviz - I'll take a look.
  11. 14. February 2012, 06:45
    Comment by petri
    Hi... I really love your plugin but I HAVE to post through my mobile phone... can I do it with YAPB ?
    I have been trying with Grain and YAPB and it only works when I upload a pic through the admin panel...
  12. 15. February 2012, 11:45
    Comment by Petri71

I have been trying to find an answer in the forum :

but I can a 403 error message...

so I'll ask it here :

Is there a way to do mobile photoblogging with YAPB ?
    My dream would be to upload my pics + a title with my mobile phone (with WP app maybe ? but not difficult if other ways), and have them displayed in a mozaic form with square thumbnails and on click a lightbox opens allowing to click next and prev.
    It does not seems very difficult and, for example, Grain theme + YAPB are a wonderful combination for a photoblog but it's not possible to upload out of the admin panel. I have been through so many tests with different theme and plugin and could not find a solution.

I will appreciate if any of you knows the way... thank you for any useful info
  13. 15. February 2012, 18:02
    Comment by Henry
    Does anyone have advice on transferring my site from Pixelpost to YAPB?
  14. 17. February 2012, 08:43
    Comment by Anne
    Hello, trying to install and use on a fresh installation of WP and I'm getting this in the settings page:
    Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/yeys/public_html/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-photoblog/lib/options/YapbExifTagnamesOption.class.php on line 79
    • 24. February 2012, 08:45
      Hi Anne - I'll take a look as soon as i've time.
    • 5. April 2012, 09:14
      Comment by Anders
      Hi there!
      I've got the same problem, did you find a solution?
      • 5. April 2012, 09:37
        Comment by Anders
        Warnings gone - they disappeared first time I saved settings.
  15. 27. February 2012, 10:18
    Comment by Tim
    Just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for YAPB Plugin! Your work is much appreciated.

Tim
  16. 9. March 2012, 18:26
    Comment by Roy Kevelham

I updated YAPB to 1.10.6, and i encountering 2 problems. YAPB Setting doesnt show up below the settings menu. The YAPB settings link is there, but on the right site where you can change all setting, i see only an photo of an digital camera. No settings.

2nd problem. In the past when i uploaded images, i get thumbnails which were the size of 100x100, but now they are suddenly 100x150. I think this problem is connected to settings-menu which i dont get.

I tried with Firefox and IE, both fully updated in Windows 7. Its not an browser problem. How can i fix this?
  17. 11. April 2012, 06:50
    Comment by Barrie
    Hi
    Having problem with thumbnails. They are created with a border but no matter what size image i upload there is always a white line at the bottom of the picture, as if the thumb doesn't fit the border
  18. 21. April 2012, 23:47
    Comment by Joe
    I installed the plugin and it seems to work ok, the only problem (I found this by adding new tester accounts) is the 1st time a user goes to their dashboard, they get a message that shows their cache for this plugin was created successfully, and it gives them the full file path (example: /home/databaseusername/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/and so on, and I don't want my users to know that much information. They never see it again after the 1st time, but, still.
  19. 25. April 2012, 07:53
    Comment by Aaron Welles
    I found with WP 3.3.2 that I had to make the following change:

Yapb.class.php, line 591
    Change:
    add_options_page('YAPB', 'YAPB', 8, basename(__FILE__), array(&$this, 'render_options_panel_content'));
    To:
    add_options_page('YAPB', 'YAPB', 'manage_options', basename(__FILE__), array(&$this, 'render_options_panel_content'));

This fixed the following error:
    "Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /Users/aaronwelles/Dropbox/Web/Awespark/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3551"

Just an fyi.

Thats for the work.

-Aaron
  20. 2. May 2012, 08:34
    Comment by Behzad
    hi, i'm using yapb plugin but I have problem with uploading images... after uploading nothing shows in blog and the post list, in edit post too.

please guide me to resolve it thank you...

I'm using wordpress 3.32
    and yapb 1.10.6
  21. 10. May 2012, 20:44
    Comment by Lev
    After an upgrade on my server (which included php upgrade too) I miss square thumbnails. That is, all thumbnails are proportional now. And I see that instead of GD it is ImageMagick which is used. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,