1. 19. February 2009, 00:06
    Comment by Magnus
    It doesn't work at all for me. Wordpress 2.7. And I've done everything right. The image I uploaded was just shown as a red cross, the image wasn't found. But it was uploaded. So, what's wrong? :S
  2. 19. February 2009, 19:22
    Comment by Andrew
    I installed this, and I think you have built it backwards.
    What I am looking for is a plugin which does the following.
    Hooks onto the media library upload function, following the upload of an image by adding the URL of the uploaded picture into a post template, and to publish a new post with each new photo uploaded to the media library. Exif data should be handled too, and placed into the template, as required by user. Tagging can be auto via exif. Who wants to manually write a new post, upload their image and tag is manually everythime they publish a photo!?!
  3. 26. February 2009, 08:50
    Comment by Chris
    Finally, Johannes. I'm so glad that you're also one of the people on this planet that isn't stupid enough to use Flickr of Deviant art. I don't want some corporate claiming the rights to manipulate and use my work without asking. Thanks for an awesome plugin. I going to definitely link bag to you on my site.
  4. 7. March 2009, 22:48
    Comment by Morris
    I get the following message on my wordpress dashboard :

Could not create YAPB Cache directory automatically.
    Please create /f1/content/myachingheart/public/wp-content/yapb_cache/ manually. Don't forget to set the according directory permissions to 777 or 775.

Can someone please explain what I do with this, where I put it?

/f1/content/myachingheart/public/wp-content/yapb_cache/

thanks for any help here...

M
    • 20. May 2010, 08:21
      Hi Morris - You have to create this directory via your prefered ftp client because YAPB tries but isn't allowed to do it. The directory (and correctly set permissions) are needed, because YAPB needs a place to save it's generated thumbnails.
  5. 11. March 2009, 04:00
    Comment by Jay

I'm having the same problem that a number of other people are having...and, so far as I can tell, none of them have been answered yet. (At least not to the degree where it has helped me figure out what I need to do.)

I'm getting the following message at my WordPress dashboard:
    Configured WordPress upload directory doesn't exist
    Please make sure that the directory exists and is writeable.
    I know how to create a directory. I know how to make it writable. I don't know where to put it. I've tried to place it in a variety of different locations...and I still get the same message at my dashboard.

As part of my own research, I located this url:

While that may no longer be a meaningful link--I don't know, maybe it is--I could tell by the last twenty lines of coding, or so, why I was getting the message from above, but I still have no clue as to how to get rid of it.

So, if you can, please tell me what I should name this directory, and where--exactly--should it be created?

Thanks for any suggestions. I've toggled the form to tell me if there are any subsequent responses to this message, and will be ready to furnish you with any additional information as soon as it is requested.

Jay
    • 2. April 2009, 20:43
      Comment by Lars
      hi. Thanks for plugin

perfect.

Regards
  6. 27. April 2009, 15:30
    Comment by Jenny
    Hello,

I am currently getting the fallowing error message after adding the image. Please help:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class YapbImage could not be converted to string in domainname.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 429

thanks,
  7. 18. May 2009, 06:51
    Comment by jayson
    I can not find any templates that lets me post a photo above and the when I enter a post it does not show the picture that I just uploaded. Please help
  8. 23. May 2009, 14:19
    Comment by Peter
    Hello Johannes et al,

I have extended the plugin to automatically upload the photo to my flickr stream when publishing the blog entry (at least in a crude way). It seems to be working well thus far. I am passing to flickr the image path, title, and keywords (tags). One thing I have not figured out is how to get the description or caption (i.e., the contents of the edit control under "Upload/Insert"). Is there a way to get this programmatically via the API or one of the objects? Is it stored with the Wordpress object?

Cheers,

Peter
  9. 10. June 2009, 02:07
    Comment by Aric Hoek
    I may be the only one, but I just updated my Firefox browser and now I do not see your plugin.
  10. 12. June 2009, 14:40
    Comment by snappy
    Hi Johannes, am planning to upgrade to wordpress 2.8. is YAPB compatible with this version?
  11. 14. June 2009, 01:43
    Comment by vida
    Thank you so much for building this plugin. There is a site that has used your plugin with Grain theme.

this is the link: http://www.camielschoonens.nl/

I really, really, desperately need to learn how to produce a page just like this one, with thumbnail effect as well as the text effect that pops with a mouse over.

Is there a clear description and a step by step how to for this? I would be so eternally grateful for your response.

thanks so much.
  12. 18. June 2009, 16:03
    Comment by Jani
    Wordpress 2.8 dosen't work with YAPB plugin 1.9.19 !